Sunday, July 16, 2006

With baggage...


Well, I could talk about my childhood -

the lack of affection from my parents, because they didn't know how, or the father who didn't seem to take that much interest in our achievements, our hopes, our dreams only our naughty behaviour!

But no. I thought I'd reveal the current contents of my handbag. Well, actually my working handbag, because I need another large bag to carry all the additional 'stuff' I need for my 2 year old son.

So, my handbag contains...

a purse, a bottle of sun tan lotion (factor 25 for kids), a small bottle of water, a tissue, my cheque books (2), my paying in books (2) my moisturiser - Burts Bees, my sons sunglasses, my hairbrush, my colours (see earlier post), my tax return reminder to pay the outstanding balance on 31st July, my appointment to be a blood donor, my lipstick - Mac (my favourite), my lip balm(Burts Bees again), a Boots No 7 mascara - currently suffering a bit of a weepy eye - so good to have mascara on standby, a letter from Orange offering me free wireless broadband if I extend my mobile phone contract, a box of paracetamol and a box of chewing gum (fresh mint).

Is it any wonder my shoulder aches, my neck feels tense and I need to visit the chiropractor?

1 Comments:

Blogger sundaycynce said...

Oh, that sounds and looks so familiar. No young kids in my life at present and 2 checkbooks is a bit extreme for me but I have 2 glasses cases, in addition to my sunglasses---when you are past 45 and too nearsighted to drive without correction, you need reading glasses for the fine print everywhere and for the menu in darkened restaurants, and the regular glasses, plus contact lens case and fluid (not yet mentioned) are needed if the eyes and contacts are having an antagonistic day. Anyway, I am blatherring on. Sorry. I really enjoyed your post!

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home