Saturday, August 12, 2006

Who else can I still be?

Who else can I still be? My contribution to Sunday Scribblings

I've been lying in bed trying to get to sleep, but its now 1.20am and I'm still struggling.

I walked around my house, checked on my sleeping son and heard my computer was still on, so here I am contemplating who else can I still be?

Its a great question with many possibilities. I'm a real believer in you can be anything you want to be, but my biggest BFO (blinding flash of the obvious) for this year has been about goal setting, because without goals how do you know if you have achieved anything at all?

So, here is a small part of list of my goals for the next 30-40 years:-

For my son:-
- to be a great mum
- to be a great friend
- to be supportive
- to love him unconditionally
- to give him choices in life
- to educate him through schooling, travel, fun and through friendship
- to share quality time

For me:-
- to find and commit to a loving, loyal, fun partner
- to continue to learn and develop
- to be good at anything I try and if I find something I love, well, to be great at it
- to laugh more
- to relax more
- to be good to me and to love me more
- to be thankful and grateful

For others:-
- to be a better friend
- to listen more and be less quick to offer my thoughts
- to offer an opportunity to someone
- to be supportive no matter what

This post allows me to put my goals out there. By sharing, I'm part way through my IVVM - internatlise, visualise, verbalise and they will materialise....

Watch out world, here I come!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jessy said...

They are all such beautiful, realistic and selfless goals :)

Good luck with them!! =)

3:36 PM  
Blogger FatCharlatan said...

This is wonderful--it's amazing how Sunday Scribblings is getting us all to wrestle with our souls. And I agree with the above poster--these are very doable goals..believe! Wishing you success! :)

6:26 PM  
Blogger Kerstin said...

Sorry to hear about the sleepless night, Fi, I sympathise and have had my share of late night blogging for the same reason.

I really like your lists, they are upbeat and postive and, most of all, doable. You already are a great mum to Nathan, I loved seeing how you have grown together, you two make a great team and he is definitely thriving in your care.

Regarding your IVVM, that reminds me of a quote I read in my horoscope in a Vancouver paper the other day, it is by Muhammed Ali:

"It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen."

8:35 PM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I love that expression - blinding flash of the obvious! And your post, with your wise and wonderful goals. Wishing you much success in your achievements.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Your goals for your son brought such a smile to my face. What a lucky guy he is.

12:42 AM  
Blogger boliyou said...

great goals, well-organized and thought out. Good luck!

3:44 AM  
Blogger lisrobbe said...

these are perfect goals. I hope you attain them.

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home