Thursday, August 03, 2006

Who else might I have been?

Who else might I have been? My contribution to Sunday Scribblings.

Would my life have been any different if I'd stayed in the education system and gone to Uni? I often wonder about this now, as my parents encouraged us to work really hard up until our O'Levels (age 16) but after that, didn't seem to mind what we did. I presume they wanted us to have a good stable educational base to move forward from.

I joined British Airways at the age of 19 and spent 10 years there. Allowing me to travel, to work abroad and to be immersed in cultures diverse from my own. I mainly worked in Eastern Europe, South America, US & Canada and a small part of Australia. But, I was lucky enough to travel throughout a lot of other countries too.

I have had an interest in further education since my mid 20's and have taken courses as diverse as History, German, Reflexology, Solo Singing and Photography.

Last year I qualified as a reflexologist, which I love. I know some of my relations and friends think it an odd choice. If I had my time again I would love to do chiropractic - spinal hygiene and/or a complementary therapy degree.

How different my life would have been!

Physically, I would like to have these attributes....

I'd like to be taller (would love to add at least 2 inches to my legs)
I'd like to have a more curvaceous figure
I'd like to have less wiry thick red (going to grey) hair

Mentally, I would like to be...

Less angry - seem to be well over that now to be fair
More focussed - can multi task, but sometimes take on too much
Less prone to exaggeration - although does make for good stories
More positive - seem to have inherited mums way of rubbishing things that were actually good

Wow, who else might I have been? Well, actually it doesn't matter because I'm happy where I am and I adore my beautiful son.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kamsin said...

It can be fun to wonder what might have been, but like you said it doesn't really matter so long as you're happy with you life. Thanks for posting.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

Nicely done. I always wondered what would have happened if I had actually gone to work for an airline. I love travel and everything about it. Ok, not the lost luggage. Ah, dreams. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your son!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Kerstin said...

Funny what you say about being more focussed because I actually think that you are pretty focussed once you have set your mind on something.

I am certainly glad that you had the career you did because otherwise I would have probably never met you. And then there wouldn't have been any snogg couples and babies! And I would have missed out on a great friend, who wouldn't be the same without her petite figure and gorgeous red hair!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Jessy said...

This is great. Your job has allowed you to have such brilliant opportunities of travelling the world, and now you've moved on to something else out of the ordinary! Yep, sounds pretty good :) Why would you want to be anywhere else!

1:42 AM  
Blogger boliyou said...

You've had some great opportunities to travel and learn, and now the opportunity to share what you know with your son. Thanks for sharing!

4:00 AM  
Blogger The Tart said...

Wonderful post! Funny everthing you wish different about your body I have & would love to trade with you. ; )

Smooch,
The Tart

3:30 AM  
Blogger briliantdonkey said...

nice post, thanks for sharing. What could have been certainly enters all of our minds at some point doesn't it? Okay I am going to show my ignorance here. What is reflexology?

BD

8:06 AM  
Blogger Gemma said...

This prompt has allowed us all to realize that we wouldn't want a different life after all.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home