Friday, September 01, 2006

Fortune Cookie


Fortune Cookie - My contribution to Sunday Scribblings.


Fortune or fortunate.


Fortunate that I can eat good cookies, that I don't put on weight regardless of how many I seem to consume, or fortunate that I can 1. afford it, 2. enjoy it and 3. do it.

My favourite cookies are:-

- Jaffa Cakes (called cakes rather than biscuits so they could escape rationing in the 2nd world war)
- Mini Rolls (chocolate logs with butter cream in them)
- Penguin Biscuits (Tim Tams in Australia)

Hmm seems to be a chocolate theme going on here.

All this blogging about chocolate is making me feel hungry.... just off to put the kettle on and raid the cookie jar.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kamsin said...

Love that little bit of info about jaffa cakes being called cakes because of the war. Making me wish I had a packet in the cupboard, sadly no biscuits as I do put on weight easily and have a habit of consuming a whole packet in one sitting. My favs are chocolate digestives.

5:09 PM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I never knew that's why jaffa cakes were called cake. I have banished biscuits/cookies from our apartment because I like them too much! Sigh. So hard to resist chocolate.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Yak Attacker said...

You are indeed fortunate to be able to eat cookies without putting on weight. And we are all fortunate to have the fortune of chocolate!
yakattack.typepad.com

12:54 AM  
Blogger Kerstin said...

Yes, I have always been amazed at your appetite and how you stay so slim, lucky you! I am not really into cookies which is no doubt a good thing, but I remember Mini Rolls and rather liking them.

Kx

2:38 AM  
Blogger Chelle Y. said...

Yummy! That looks good! :)

Great post!

5:05 AM  
Blogger NuttersNotes said...

Chocolate

Just the word by itself is a great post. Interesting story behind the cake vs biscuit name. I love trivia like that.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Ceebie said...

Yum...You are so fortunate to be able to eat as many cookies as you like and not put on weight. Now if someone could put that into my fortune cookie :P

1:58 PM  
Blogger GreenishLady said...

I'd no idea Jaffa Cakes were around that long! I always wish I liked them, because people who do seem to enjoy them so much, but they're one of my least favourite biscuits. Now, Mini-Rolls, on the other hand.... mmm.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home