Friday, October 06, 2006

An Assignment

An Assignment. My contribution to Sunday Scribblings.

I see her from the corner of my eye. She twiddles her strawberry blonde hair round her thumb and first first two fingers. She talks - her voice firm, confident and enthusiastic. She laughs - the sound builds, almost sounds horsey - I imagine a 'neigh' rather than laughter. I smile to myself.

What is she doing here? Well, I'm not entirely sure. Is this where she should be - for now I suppose it is. She has a lot to learn but here is a good training ground.

Her voice rises higher with excitement, but all too soon the enthusiasm is lost as the person she talks to looses interest. A shame, but she is on to the next, relentless in her persuit of finding the right person.

5 Comments:

Blogger Autrice DelDrago said...

A bar?

12:30 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

If it is a bar, eventually there will be a right person. Painful to read...I feel such pity for whoever she is. Great job.

10:57 PM  
Blogger GoGo said...

I like it. It describes moments I've known before. new experiences of jumping out into it all can be hard.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Jerri said...

So much story written through so few words. Very nice.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

It almost sounds like a speed dating session - not that I've been to one of those :)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home