Sunday, October 01, 2006

Skin (Part 2)

Skin (Part 2). My contribution to Sunday Scribblings.

In August I went to the wedding of Dave and Emma - see previous post, In Sickness and in Health. Emma was diagnosed with Breast Cancer at the age of 27. She fought bravely and I gave her reflexology throughout her chemo cycle.

She also battled the Local Health Trust even appearing on the BBC News 24 service and in many a newspaper to be allowed Herceptin the drug that helps keep Breast Cancer at bay. She is in remission and married the man she loved. It was an incredibly moving day.

I was devastated to hear from my brother this week that she has been diagnosed with cancer of the spine. Emma is still not 30 years old.

I have a theory that the good people die young and those of us who live a long and happy lives are perhaps mischievous in some way!!

I don't know the prognosis for Emma yet, but this I do know - she will fight and I will be there to offer her reflexology, if her cancer treatment allows for it.

Emma is an incredibly courageous young woman.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

I'm so sorry your friend Emma is going through such a terrible illness. It sounds like you are a great friend, to offer her reflexology as well as your time. I pray she gets well soon, she is too young to be so sick.

4:50 AM  
Blogger GoGo said...

may her circle of fried and family be a strong one for her.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home