Thursday, November 02, 2006

Morning


Morning. My contribution to Sunday Scribblings.

The sound of tiny feet padding across the wooden floor, the sound of the door handle being turned not always successfully the first time - this is how I wake up every day as Nathan gets out of bed and comes in for his morning cuddle.

He doesn't come alone. He has the usual array of teddies, his dummy, his juice cup and even his pillow.

He enters my bedroom and stands next to my bed - I've already checked the clock, its 6.45am give or take. Who needs alarm clocks when you have young children?

'Mummy' he half whispers/shouts. 'Mummy cuddle'.

The next thing is the pillow in my face, the teddy trying to be squeezed in beside me, the dummy offered, as he knows he can't have this unless he is sleeping and then my beloved thick duvet is pulled back as he tries to climb in to my bed. Its not always possible on his own - depends on what else he is carrying, so I heave him in and there he stays for a minute or two, if I'm lucky, before he wants to get up and have breakfast.

I look forward to the weekends when my wake up time generally 7am! A lie in, bliss!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kerstin said...

I can just picture it! Love the image of N. carrying all his cuddly toys across the hallway into your bed. He is a true sweetie! Nice post.

1:17 AM  
Blogger Ally Bean said...

This is a lovely report of your mornings. Thanks for sharing it.

5:56 PM  
Blogger twilightspider said...

What a little angel! I can't feel too bad for you if that's the face that you get to wake up to - but I hope he doesn't spill his juice cup in bed!

11:18 PM  
Blogger DJPare said...

Sounds like a sweet way to be woken.

3:59 PM  
Blogger javacurls said...

Your mornings sound very similiar to mine! ;) With little ones around, who needs an alarm clock! hahah

Every now and then I get lucky and my little one falls asleep in my bed until about 8:00am. These mornings are true heaven!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home