Saturday, December 30, 2006

Destination

Destination. My contribution to Sunday Scribblings

2006 goes out with a bang tomorrow evening. Ill be standing along the bank of the River Thames watching the fireworks display that goes off from the London Eye. My parents, my sister and my son will be with me, and we will celebrate the beginning of yet another year.

This year has been a funny one, some of the highlights .... I started a job in the Business Coaching industry in Jan, and lost the job in November. I learnt loads during my time there, so I'll always be grateful for that. I took my son on his first transatlantic flight to Boston to stay with my friends Kerstin and Tom in Northampton, MA. We had a ball.

I cemented friendships with other mums. On evenings out, we talk at length about our children, which to any non parent, would sound like an evening from hell, but actually its a great way to learn, as long as there is some alcohol involved at some point during the evening!!

I've joined a DVD club, and have watched so many movies this year, two of my favourites being: In The Heat Of The Night, and On The Waterfront. What excellent movies. My favourite action - 24, and my favourite series Grey's Anatomy and I'm just getting in to Boston Legal, which is bonkers in part!

I've become interested in NLP, and will take a course in that in Feb 2007. I feel that this, in combination with my reflexology will be a new way forward for me. It will certainly be a journey, so I'm not sure exactly what the destination will be, but hey I'm really looking forward to it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Liza's Eyeview said...

Good luck on your 2007. I hope you have a wondeful year.

11:11 PM  
Blogger desert rat said...

Fireworks on the Thames sounds lovely; I really miss watching the fireworks over the Ottawa river, where I grew up. Although this time of year would be rather chilly, more likely we'd be skating along the canal.

3:22 AM  
Blogger AnnieElf said...

Wishing you much growing and glowing in the coming year. Your son will love the fun you bring into his life.

3:23 AM  
Blogger Rethabile said...

So, how did the fireworks go?

1:56 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Wow, you have a nice blog.

Happy Valentines to you!

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home