Friday, December 01, 2006

In the last hour.


In the last hour. My contribution to Sunday Scribblings.

I bought my son an Advent Calendar. I agonised over whether it should be one I could reuse, or one I could throw away. I decided to be responsible and go with the reusable one. Make it part of our Christmas Celebrations from now on.

I bought a lovely felt Father Christmas advent calendar, only to discover on putting it up that the 6 on the number 16 was the wrong way round.

I almost wanted to keep it because it was - hopefully - unique. But no, I ran back to the shop and swapped it with the angel, who luckily for her has all her numbers the right way round!!

Welcome to the festive season.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kamsin said...

I going to go out in search of christmas decorations later today! May not find an advent calendar in my part of the world, but it was fun to see yours, and what's up with a back to front six? Back in about September I saw a store selling "Chocolate seasonal calenders", your reusable calendar seems much more festive and will be a nice little tradition for your son!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

My children love Advent Calendars. Here in the States, I found a store that sells them with chocolates inside for an amazing price of .99 cents! I suppose the artist in me should challenge myself to make their calendars before they are too old to want them anymore.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I was just thinking today that I should get one. My seven year old is anxiously counting down the days!

www.singingthesky.com

1:09 AM  
Blogger ren.kat said...

I hand tiny advent presents in the windowsill, but this year, I've been too busy to get things done on time. Today's advent gift for the boys to bake a cake. I assure the 6 and all the other numbers will wind up the wrong-way 'round no matter what I do.

4:28 PM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Lovely calendar and lovely tradition for your son.

9:37 PM  
Blogger AnnieElf said...

A lovely tradition to share with your son. We used to have a piece of chocolate or a charm from each day.

7:30 AM  
Blogger superclosetnerd said...

Updating my bookmarks... see you're still here. Looks different than I remembered. I've updated my stuff too - gold canyon candle

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home