Friday, January 05, 2007

Kissing

Kissing. My contribution to Sunday Scribblings.

Kissing, snogging or pashing, whatever you call it, its fantastic. The moment just before your lips touch, the excitement, the anticipation, that moment of hesitation - all senses heightened, wonderful.

A few years ago my friend Kerstin (www.gipsylife.com) and I owned an internet dating agency based on the word snogging. It was fun, enlightening and amazing to think that we affected other peoples lives, their futures and even had a little bit of responsibility for the arrival of some snogg babies.

My current kissing companion is my son Nathan. He loves blowing kisses, and planting real sloppy ones on my face. Normally just after porridge or just before he goes to sleep. He is currently afraid of monsters, but I've managed to convince him the only type of monster out there is the kissing monster. I plant kisses all over him and he giggles so much, until neither of us can do it any longer.

Kissing is great fun and I wish I was doing more of it!

5 Comments:

Blogger Bongga Mom said...

Snogging.... love that word! Introduced to me by my English husband, who also introduced me to canoodling and other unmentionable things.. :)

11:40 PM  
Blogger pokerspice said...

Cheers from a fellow 38 year old single mom! I enjoyed your post.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Regina Clare Jane said...

Ah, the kissing monster- one of the forgotten and much missed monsters... glad to see he is making a return!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Jone said...

Snogging is such a fun word. My grandaughters are great at blowing kisses.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Janie Hickok Siess, Esq. said...

I have never heard the words "snogging" or "pashing."

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home